Limited Warranty Coverage
Your home comes with limited warranty coverage from Terramor Homes (as set forth in the Homeowner Manual and the RWC Limited Warranty Manual). You should refer to this for clarification regarding:
- Coverage by the Terramor Homes limited warranty
- Extent of that coverage
- Period of coverage
- Builder responsibility
- Homeowner responsibility
**NOTE: All requests for warrantable service should be directed to the Terramor Homes Corporate Office: terramorhomes.com/contact.
Items which WILL NOT BE COVERED, unless noted in the pre-settlement orientation, are those defined as “COSMETIC”. Cosmetic items include, but are not limited to, nicks, scratches, scuffs, scrapes, gouges, dents, etc., on : 1) walls and ceilings; 2) counter tops and vanity tops; 3) tubs, sinks, and showers; 4) appliances; 5) window sashes, screens and frames; 6) vinyl and wood flooring; 7) doors, door hardware, cabinets, and woodwork; 8) carpet; 9)mirrors; 10) light fixtures; 11) cracks in concrete surfaces
SHORT DURATION COVERAGE
Terramor Homes also provides a short duration warranty, which is not part of the warranty program, for termite protection. An explanation and duration of this warranty can be found in the Termite Treatment section of the Homeowner Manual.
The limited warranty coverage from Terramor Homes as set forth in the Homeowner Manual does not extend to or include:
- Any items that are not specifically identified in the Homeowner Manual as being covered under the Terramor Homes limited warranty
- Any damage to the extent it is caused or made worse by:
- Negligence, improper maintenance or improper operation by anyone other than Terramor Homes, its employees, agents, or subcontractors.
- Failure by the homeowner or by anyone other than Terramor Homes, its employees, agents, or subcontractors, to comply with the warranty requirements of manufacturers of appliances, fixtures, and mechanical equipment.
- Failure by the Homeowner to give notice to Terramor Homes of any defects within a reasonable time.
- Changes to grading/landscaping by anyone other than Terramor Homes, its employees, agents, or subcontractors.
- Changes, alterations, or additions made to the home by anyone, regardless of their relationship to Terramor Homes, if these items are not included as part of the purchase contract between the Homeowner and Terramor Homes.
- Dampness or condensation due to the failure of the homeowner to maintain adequate ventilation.
- Loss or damage which the homeowner has not taken timely action to minimize.
- Failure by the Homeowner to provide ample access to Terramor Homes, its employees, agents, or subcontractors, to perform warrantable repairs during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm)
- Any defect in, caused by, or resulting form materials or work supplied by anyone other than Terramor Homes, its employees, agents, or subcontractors.
- Normal wear and tear or normal deterioration.
- Loss or damage, not otherwise excluded under this Limited Warranty, which does not constitute a defect in the construction of the home by Terramor Homes, its employees, agents, or subcontractors.
- Loss or damage caused by or resulting from accidents, fire, explosions, smoke, falling trees etc, aircrafts, vehicles, acts of God, lightning, windstorm, hail , flood, wind-driven rain , and changes in the underground water table which could not be reasonably foreseen.
- Any condition which does not result in actual physical damage to the home, including, but not limited to: un-inhabitability or health risk due to the presence or consequence of unacceptable levels of radon gas, formaldehyde or other pollutants, contaminants; or the presence of hazardous or toxic on site material.
- Bodily injury or damage to personal property.
- Loss or damage caused by, or resulting from, abnormal loads placed on floors by the Homeowner, which exceeds design loads, as mandated by local building codes.
- Costs of shelter, transportation, food, moving, storage, or other incidental expenses related to inconvenience or relocation during repairs.
- Any and all consequential damages.
***NOTE: All Warranty Requests MUST be submitted through our corporate office via the Terramor Homes Warranty Request forms located at terramorhomes.com/contact. This is to ensure the BEST service to our customers!